When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all time. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information. You can also take a look at local and provincial government resources here.
What my Community Office can help you with:
- Provide information on locating government services and contact information
- Assist in understanding government policies and services
- Help organizations find information regarding provincial government grants
- Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
- Ensure due process is being followed
- Attend community events
- Offer practicum opportunities
- Provide congratulatory and greeting messages
- Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access
- Resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies. However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with.
We can help you if:
- You are a resident of the Courtenay-Comox riding; and,
- Your matter is with the provincial government.
Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:
- You have or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
- Your matter is pending before the courts.
- The RCMP are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about RCMP conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission.
We are unable to:
- Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
- Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
- Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature –such as Ombudsman, Police Complaints Commissioner/Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the RCMP. Representative for Child and Youth, professional and other
- Change the time limits for filing appeals
- Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature
- Interfere with federal or municipal issues
- Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours
- Find constituents housing
- Find constituents employment